Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Who Wants to Go to Camp?

What better way to start this blog than to share my experience from Honeywell Educators at Space Academy (HESA).  All I had to do was complete an application letting Honeywell know why I was interested in attending Space Camp and a few short months later I received the email that would change my life.  I was 1 of 200 teachers from all over the world who had been selected to attend Space Camp!!!  A free, all expenses paid trip to the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama for five days.  I was so excited that I couldn't even wait to tell my husband first.  I had to share the news with the first person I thought of in that moment...the middle school science teacher!  Talk about excitement, she had attended the same program the previous year and she knew all about the exciting adventure I was about to embark on.

Then I had to wait about four months (which seemed like a year) before I would depart for my journey in June.  When June came I was nervous and excited to see what was in store for me.  Upon arriving in Huntsville, AL I boarded a bus full of other teachers who had been selected and we were taken to our "home" for the next five days.  The first thing we were given was our room key, a Honeywell backpack full of goodies, and the coveted flight suit that we couldn't wait to put on.


That night I met amazing teachers from all over the world who were there to share the same excitement for STEM that I had.  Also eager to learn lots of valuable information that we could bring back to our classrooms.  Over the next few days I will share with you all the awesome events I got to be a part of along with some of the best training exercises you could never get somewhere else.  I'll leave you with a picture of what I saw when we finally pulled into the US Space and Rocket Center facility.  I knew this was going to be the best professional development I would ever attend.
Pathfinder

No comments:

Post a Comment